Day Zero Registration
Day Zero Registration
Day Zero will be Wednesday, July 30, 2014 from 4 to 8 PM at the Sheraton Hotel - 706 John Nolen Drive, Madison.
What Will Happen At Day Zero Registration?
- You will submit your final pledges (donations) or self-pledge. Kintera will remain open during Day Zero, so pledges will be entered in real time.
- NEW Riders will attend a Rider Safety Orientation (15 minutes). Safety speeches will happen at 4:30, 5:30, 6:30 and 7:30 PM. Returning riders will sign a waiver acknowledging the rules of the road and the ACT Ride's expectations of safety.
- NEW Crew members must attend an crew orientation at 5:00 or 7:00 PM.
- All participants will fill out medical history and consent forms, and drop off any refridgerated medications. To save time, these forms can be filled out in advance by downloading them off our Day Zero Registration Forms webpage.
- You will receive your ID card, rider number stickers, tent cards, etc.
- You will receive or purchase incentive/merchandise information.
- You are strongly encouraged to drop off your gear at Day Zero. Otherwise you must bring this to Opening Ceremony for load-in. For more information on gear, please read more about What To Bring.
Online donations will not be closed during Day Zero. When you arrive at Day Zero your current total in Kintera will be taken at the pledge table, plus any pledges and matching gifts you have brought with you. Matching gifts will be credited towards your total provided we have received both: 1) the original donation and 2) the company's matching gift paperwork. (We do not need to have received the final matching donation.) This is the amount we will use to determine your fundraising incentive levels and any self-pledge amount (see below). If you later receive additional donations that qualify you for incentives, you may pick these up at Opening Ceremony (jerseys ONLY) or at camp (all other merchandise).
Self-Pledging Riders who have not met the $1,200 fundraising minimum will have the option of switching to Crew or filling out a self-pledge form for the remainig amount. Self-pledge forms must be completed with a credit or debit card. (No checks or checking account numbers.) You are encouraged to keep fundraising during and after the Ride! If you have an outstanding balance on October 15th we will run three monthly payments (October, November, and December).
Parking During The Ride
- Limited parking is available at the Sheraton. A free shuttle service will be available Thursday morning along with gear pick-up at the hotel.
- Remember to have your keys with you the last day of the ride so you aren't locked out of your car!
- Your gear will be at Closing Ceremony for you to pick up, or dropped off at the Sheraton Hotel for those who want to attend the after parties downtown.
- To sign up for parking during the Ride, be prepared to provide the following information at Day Zero: Model, Make, Year, Type (4-door, coupe, sedan, wagon, etc), Color, State and license plate number.