Thursday, 11 August 2011 13:38 Crew
Camp Services Manager Description
REPORTS TO Crew Manager
To ensure the smooth operation of Camp Services throughout the ride. The Camp Services Captain is also in charge of the Inventory process before, during, and after the Ride.
Before the Ride
- Participate as a member of the Steering Committee.
- Coordinate with Route Committee to secure schools that Route suggests and tour them prior to the ride to ensure the proper facilities are available.
- Follow steps on Action Plan submitted to the SC and accomplish all steps listed.
- Create facilities plan for each school.
- Serve as primary contact between schools and ACT Ride.
- Manage inventory control efforts before ride.
- Contact and maintain communication with Camp Services Crew as assigned by Crew Manager.
- Prepare supply inventory needs for the Network to procure.
During the Ride
- Ensure the smooth operation of Camp Services.
- Coordinate Camp set up efforts with Food Captain and Gear & Tent Captain.
- Manage Camp Services crew to ensure the following: (including but not limited to) set up of Camp Services, info desk, proper placement of all signage, sleeping facilities, bike parking, Massage, Chiro, laundry, camp check in, security, internet connection where available, and to ensure all agreed upon facilities are open and unlocked. Assist the Food crew in the set up of their facilities as necessary.
- Supervise the tear down and removal of all of the above facilities. Make sure each school is as clean as or cleaner than when we arrived.
- Maintain all Camp Services Binders with the proper information for each position.
- Perform inventory on supply totes for each crew that operates out of camp nightly and restock accordingly.
- Maintain crew/rider list and update as necessary.
After the Ride
- Assist with post Ride inventory. Help to ensure all property has been returned to AIDS Network possession.
- Follow up with schools with any issues that may have arisen as a result of our presence.
- Attend post Ride Steering Committee meeting. Address any issues that arise from the post Ride survey.